I think this recipe turned out the best. Go ahead and give it a try, I am sure you will love it.
3 cups gluten free rolled oats *
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sun dried raisins or dried cranberries**
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped almonds
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
dash of cloves
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees
- Place oats in a large lasagna pan
- Place all other ingredients in the pan and mix thoroughly except cranberries (see note below on cranberries) **
- Bake for approximately 45-60 minutes (depending on your oven) stirring the mixture often ( I recommend you stir your granola every 10-15 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn)
- Granola should be ready when it turns brown and is crispy and crunchy
- Remove from oven, add cranberries, mix and let cool
Toasted granola is so delicious. Serve with your choice of non-dairy milk or with non-dairy yogurt or keifer. Store in an airtight glass container (this does not need to be refrigerated but I keep everything in the fridge after baking).
*You can use regular oats if you do not have a problem with gluten. I use Bob’s Red Mill.
** I used dried cranberries for this recipe. I would recommend that you do not place them in the oven but rather sprinkle them on top after you remove the granola from the oven. I found them a bit crisp after baking.Follow